Lips can be plumped up with Juvederm XC®.
Plump lips are sexy and youthful. Yet an early sign of aging is thinning lips. And, some of us are not genetically blessed with full luscious lips. Injections of Juvederm® can both return your lips to their more youthful appearance, or create the full lips you always dreamed about.
Juvederm® is composed of hyaluronic acid, a compound found naturally in your skin. Juvederm® adds volume to lips and nasolabial folds, then attracts water from you body for even more fullness and volume. Some studies suggests injections of Juvederm® stimulate your body’s natural production of collagen and elastin, two key proteins that provide your face with fullness and strength. Result last from six months to eighteen months depending upon the injected area, the movement of that area and how your body reacts to Juvederm. Lip injections usually last about six months because of the constant motion of the lips. Nasolabial fold injections last longer.
Juvederm® restores your youthful appearance by replacing the volume with a smooth gel that mimics naturally produced hyaluronic acid in your body. Allergan produces a variety of Juvederm compounds including; Juvederm XC®, Juvederm XC® Plus, Juvederm XC® Volbela and Juvederm XC Voluma®. Juvederm XC® is designed for the lips, lower face and mouth, Juvederm XC Voluma® is intended for the cheek area.
What is Juvederm helpful in treating?
Lip injections to add volume and plumpness
Folds and wrinkles from the nose to the side of the mouth (Nasolabial Folds)
Folds and wrinkles around the corners of the mouth (Marionette lines)
Volume loss in the mid-face/cheeks (usually Juvederm-Voluma is used in this area)
Hands. Volume can be added to the back of the hands.
Why Chose Spa 35 For Your Cosmetic Treatments?
The medical providers at Spa 35 Med Spa have been delivering cosmetic services for over ten years. Our staff includes a Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurses.
Experience - Spa 35 has been helping clients for more than ten years with their Botox injections.
Medical Staff - The injector team is led by a Nurse Practitioner and composed of Registered Nurses.
Broad Scope of Expertise - From Botox to Laser Hair Removal and Non-Surgical face lifts, Spa 35® has an extensive set of experience to help you reach your goals. This means you get the expertise to help you select the service(s) are right for you and your budget. .
Continuum of Cosmetic Services - Spa 35 is co-located with a Cosmetic Surgeon. If your goals are best met through more aggressive procedures than those offered in our Med Spa we can coordinate your treatment plan to include surgical options (e.g. facelift, blepharoplsaty, liposuction).
Customer Reviews - Spa 35 has the most Google five star reviews among Medical Spas in Boise. We also have great reviews on Facebook, YELP and DemandForce.
Juvederm Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Juvederm cost? Dermal fillers are sold by the injected syringe. Prices vary by the product type and the injected area and the number of syringes used. The product prices range from $549 to $899. For lips one syringe is generally sufficient to achieve great results. For the nasolabial folds, cheeks and under eyes multiple syringes are generally required.
Does a Juvederm injection hurt? Injections are tolerable, but there is discomfort from the injections, particularly in the lips. Icing prior and after the injection helps with the discomfort. Other treatment areas, such as the nasolabial fold are very tolerable with minor discomfort.
Will I bruise after a Juvederm injection? Generally no, but there is always the chance bruising will occur. To mitigate the chance of bruising minimize things that thin the blood, such as fish oil. You may also use arnica based products (topically and orally) to manage the risk of bruising. Spa 35 recommends you do not get injections immediately before important emotional events (weddings, vacations, etc.) because of the bruising risk. Allow at least two weeks before a "big event".
How long does the appointment for Juvederm lip injections take? Generally you should plan for an hour to get your injections. The time can vary between thirty minutes and ninety minutes.
What to expect from a Juvederm Procedure:
- A consultation that includes establishing your aesthetic goals and concerns. Juvederm is generally included as part of a larger aesthetic plan
- Depending on individual goals and the condition of your skin, a pre-treatment plan may be recommended to prepare your skin for a cosmetic filler injection. This may include stopping the intake of aspirin or other blood thinning agents.
- Pre and post care instruction which will be reviewed prior to your treatment
- Treatments may be repeated, generally patients review post procedure results and schedule touch-ups if desired. The every three months to nine months additional filler is injected.
- Minimal downtime. Most patients can return immediately to their daily duties. In some case bruising may occur during the treatment. The risk of bruising cannot be eliminated. So please plan for the potential of bruising
- Maintenance treatments are required to maintain your results
Things to Consider With Cosmetic Fillers.
- Most cosmetic fillers last for one to two years. During that time the aging process will continue. Subsequent treatments may not include the same amount of hyaluronic acid (or other filler type), same filler type or same treatment area. Each treatment can be unique.
- Cosmetic fillers are used to replace lost volume. Some patients request aesthetic fillers for areas better treated with Botox or a similar muscle treatment. During your consultation the Spa 35 staff can thoroughly review the conditions best treated by fillers and Botox.
- There is always a risks of bruising when receiving a cosmetic filler injection. Even if you didn't bruise during your first procedure every time you get an injection there is a risk of bruising. Please schedule your procedure to accommodate any post procedure bruising.
A little on the background of dermal fillers. Juvederm® is a cosmetic filler that some refer to as dermal fillers. Other dermal fillers on the market include Radiesse®, Restylane® and Sculptra®. The first widely used filler was made from bovine collagen but that product has been replaced by fillers of other materials.
Lifestyle choices can accelerate the natural loss of your facial volume. Habits such as excessive sun exposure and smoking damage your skin and break down tissues in your face which produce a more aged appearance when compared to those with healthier habits. The aging process is accelerated by regular muscular movement of the mouth, adding fine lines around the already aged thinner lips. Usually the loss of volume also causes “parentheses” around the mouth (folds running from the nose area to around the mouth). Some people develop marionette lines, a name for the line that usually run from near the corner of the mouth to the jawline. Common terms for these facial features include smile lines and laugh lines. The loss of volume in the face can result in skin that hangs down below the jawline, the term “jowling” is used to describe this facial attribute.