IPL is a "lunchtime" procedure and An extremely popular treatment to rejuvenate and revitalize skin, Creating A more youthful appearance.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is great for;
Unwanted facial veins
Ultra Violet (UV) damage
Overall skin rejuvenation
What to expect from an Intense Pulsed Light treatment:
- Depending on individual goals and the condition of your skin, a pre-treatment plan may be recommended to prepare your skin for an IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure
- Sun exposure to the treated area must be avoided for three weeks prior IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure
- An IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure delivers pulses of light to the affected area, which targets the darker damaged skin cells. The damaged cells are destroyed and a clearer, more radiant complexion emerges
- A stinging sensation, which some describe as a hot a rubber band snap, may be felt during the procedure
- Pre and post care instruction which will be reviewed prior to your treatment
- A series of three to five treatments is typically necessary to achieve the optimum effect. Combining photodynamic therapy or at home products with an IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure enhances the desired effect and may reduce the number of treatments required to reach your desired results. Ask a Skin Specialist for related product and service recommendations
- Treatments may be repeated every three weeks
- Minimal downtime
- Maintenance treatments are required to maintain your results
- Results vary by individual. Photographs are general representations and not a guarantee of your results. Limiting sun exposure, genetics, diet and exercise all influence your results and how long they last
Things to consider when requesting an Intense Pulsed Light treatment:
Intense Pulsed Light devices pass varying strengths of light into the skin and damaged skin cells absorb the light energy and convert it to heat. The light source is concentrated to target its energy into the dermis to treat discolorations, unsightly facial veins, redness and provide an overall rejuvenated effect to your skin. These types of devices repair and improve a wide array of cosmetic concerns with meaningful results over a short time period.
Intense Pulsed Light Skin Rejuvenation uses a concentrated light source to target power deep down into the dermis without injuring the surface of the skin, to improve a range of cosmetic concerns including: discolorations, unsightly veins, and redness. IPL® Skin Rejuvenation has the added benefit of providing an overall "rejuvenated" effect to the skin. Because the surface layers of the skin remain intact there is minimal downtime, less risk and discomfort than more powerful treatments such as the Pixel fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure. Intense Pulsed Light Skin Rejuvenation is used to successfully treat a wide array of cosmetic concerns. Individuals with deeper fine lines & wrinkles, crepey skin, discoloration and uneven texture or tone should consider a skin resurfacing procedure or a combination treatment such as Laser360 that can combine skin tightening, intense pulsed light and laser resurfacing into a single procedure.
How does Intense Pulsed Light Work?
IPL is a high energy light procedure that uses the different light absorption properties of various skin cells to remove cells produced from aging and sun damage. Some of the steps of a typical procedure include;
- Completion of a consultation with a skin care specialist. During this consultation discuss patient concerns and goals. Develop a comprehensive plan to reach those goals that includes Spa 35 procedures and at home lifestyle changes and skin care habits.
- Schedule the Intense Pulsed Light procedure. Pick a time when sun exposure to the treatment area has been minimized to decrease active melanin production at the time of the procedure.
- Have the procedure done. It will take about forty-five minutes. The pulses have been described as "hot rubber bands being snapped on the face". It's not excruciating, but there are more enjoyable things to do with your day. Your skin may turn very red and flaky after the procedure, you may have crusting of the darker spots.
- Follow the post procedure instructions. Particularly important is avoidance of sun exposure.
- Improve lifestyle habits that produce damaged skin. Increase healthy food intake that is rich in nutrients good for you and your skin (i.e. oranges for vitamin C), use a sunscreen with physical blocks (i.e. titanium dioxide), add Retin-A, vitamin C and peptides to your skin care regime.
Why Chose Spa 35 Med Spa for Your Cosmetic Treatments?
The medical providers at Spa 35 Med Spa have been delivering cosmetic services for twelve years. Our staff includes Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and Aestheticians.
- Experience - Spa 35 Med Spa has been helping clients Look and Feel their Best for tweleve years.
- Medical Staff - The team is led by Nurse Practitioners and composed of Registered Nurses and aesthetic skin care professionals.
- Industry Leadership - Warren Danforth, the Spa 35 owner, is a key speaker for Syneron-Candela's Medical Spa Program. Syneron-Candela is a global non-surgical aesthetic device company.
- Broad Scope of Expertise - From Botox to CoolSculpting Fat Reduction and Vaginal Rejuvenation, Spa 35® Med Spa has an extensive set of experience to help you reach your goals. This means you get the expertise to help you select the service(s) are right for you and your budget.
- Continuum of Cosmetic Services - A Cosmetic Surgeon in the same building as Spa 35. If your goals are best met through procedures than those offered in our Med Spa we can refer you to a surgeon. Looking for a facial or massage? We can also suggest great providers for those services.
- Customer Reviews - Spa 35 has the most Google five star reviews among Med Spas in Boise. We also have great reviews on Facebook and YELP.
Intense Pulsed Light Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe?
The device that delivers Intense Pulsed Light, the Harmony®XL System, has been cleared by the FDA for more than 60 aesthetic and medical applications. Intense Pulsed Light is one of those approved procedures. IPL provides comprehensive skin rejuvenation, improving skin color, wrinkles and skin texture. As with many cosmetic treatments there are risks associated with IPL, such as burning. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the IPL consultation and detailed in the informed consent.
Is there "down time" after an IPL procedure?
Most patients can return to their daily activities immediately after the procedure. You may be red and/or flaky (particularly age spots) after the IPL treatment. Makeup is normally sufficient to cover up most IPL effects. You should avoid excessive exercise and sun exposure after the treatment. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the IPL consultation and detailed in the informed consent.
How much does IPL costs?
IPL is usually sold in an and initial series of three treatments for $499-$999 depending upon the treatment area. Annual touch-ups are recommended and they can cost between $249 and $349.
The information on this site is for the distribution of common information on the uses of cosmetic and aesthetic procedures and products. It is not to be considered medical advice. Spa 35 provides patients with consultations and informed consent documentation that outlines potential risks and medical contraindications associated with procedures and products delivered and sold at Spa 35. Please thoroughly review that documentation prior to any procedure and acknowledge your review and understanding of the risks.
*Results vary by person. Photographs are used for illustrative purposes and not as representations of your individual results. Client reviews may not be representative of your results.
**This website contains links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Spa 35 Med Spa. Spa 35 Med Spa has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Spa 35 Med Spa does not censor or edit the content of any third-party site. Spa 35 Med Spa does not represent results of cosmetic procedure depicted in third party websites as representative of results achieved at Spa 35 Med Spa. By using the Spa 35 Med Spa website, you expressly relieve Spa 35 Med Spa from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.