IPL is a "lunchtime" procedure and An extremely popular treatment to rejuvenate and revitalize skin, Creating A more youthful appearance.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is great for;
Unwanted facial veins
Ultra Violet (UV) damage
Overall skin rejuvenation
What to expect from an Intense Pulsed Light treatment:
- Depending on individual goals and the condition of your skin, a pre-treatment plan may be recommended to prepare your skin for an IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure
- Sun exposure to the treated area must be avoided for three weeks prior IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure
- An IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure delivers pulses of light to the affected area, which targets the darker damaged skin cells. The damaged cells are destroyed and a clearer, more radiant complexion emerges
- A stinging sensation, which some describe as a hot a rubber band snap, may be felt during the procedure
- Pre and post care instruction which will be reviewed prior to your treatment
- A series of three to five treatments is typically necessary to achieve the optimum effect. Combining photodynamic therapy or at home products with an IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure enhances the desired effect and may reduce the number of treatments required to reach your desired results. Ask a Skin Specialist for related product and service recommendations
- Treatments may be repeated every three weeks
- Minimal downtime
- Maintenance treatments are required to maintain your results
- Results vary by individual. Photographs are general representations and not a guarantee of your results. Limiting sun exposure, genetics, diet and exercise all influence your results and how long they last
Things to consider when requesting an Intense Pulsed Light treatment:
Intense Pulsed Light devices pass varying strengths of light into the skin and damaged skin cells absorb the light energy and convert it to heat. The light source is concentrated to target its energy into the dermis to treat discolorations, unsightly facial veins, redness and provide an overall rejuvenated effect to your skin. These types of devices repair and improve a wide array of cosmetic concerns with meaningful results over a short time period.
Intense Pulsed Light Skin Rejuvenation uses a concentrated light source to target power deep down into the dermis without injuring the surface of the skin, to improve a range of cosmetic concerns including: discolorations, unsightly veins, and redness. IPL® Skin Rejuvenation has the added benefit of providing an overall "rejuvenated" effect to the skin. Because the surface layers of the skin remain intact there is minimal downtime, less risk and discomfort than more powerful treatments such as the Pixel fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure. Intense Pulsed Light Skin Rejuvenation is used to successfully treat a wide array of cosmetic concerns. Individuals with deeper fine lines & wrinkles, crepey skin, discoloration and uneven texture or tone should consider a skin resurfacing procedure or a combination treatment such as Laser360 that can combine skin tightening, intense pulsed light and laser resurfacing into a single procedure.
How does Intense Pulsed Light Work?
IPL is a high energy light procedure that uses the different light absorption properties of various skin cells to remove cells produced from aging and sun damage. Some of the steps of a typical procedure include;
- Completion of a consultation with a skin care specialist. During this consultation discuss patient concerns and goals. Develop a comprehensive plan to reach those goals that includes Spa 35 procedures and at home lifestyle changes and skin care habits.
- Schedule the Intense Pulsed Light procedure. Pick a time when sun exposure to the treatment area has been minimized to decrease active melanin production at the time of the procedure.
- Have the procedure done. It will take about forty-five minutes. The pulses have been described as "hot rubber bands being snapped on the face". It's not excruciating, but there are more enjoyable things to do with your day. Your skin may turn very red and flaky after the procedure, you may have crusting of the darker spots.
- Follow the post procedure instructions. Particularly important is avoidance of sun exposure.
- Improve lifestyle habits that produce damaged skin. Increase healthy food intake that is rich in nutrients good for you and your skin (i.e. oranges for vitamin C), use a sunscreen with physical blocks (i.e. titanium dioxide), add Retin-A, vitamin C and peptides to your skin care regime.
Why Chose Spa 35 Med Spa for Your Cosmetic Treatments?
The medical providers at Spa 35 Med Spa have been delivering cosmetic services for twelve years. Our staff includes Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and Aestheticians.
- Experience - Spa 35 Med Spa has been helping clients Look and Feel their Best for tweleve years.
- Medical Staff - The team is led by Nurse Practitioners and composed of Registered Nurses and aesthetic skin care professionals.
- Industry Leadership - Warren Danforth, the Spa 35 owner, is a Key Opinion Leader for Syneron-Candela's Medical Spa Program. Syneron-Candela is a global non-surgical aesthetic device company.
- Broad Scope of Expertise - From Botox to CoolSculpting Fat Reduction and Vaginal Rejuvenation, Spa 35® Med Spa has an extensive set of experience to help you reach your goals. This means you get the expertise to help you select the service(s) are right for you and your budget.
- Continuum of Cosmetic Services - A Cosmetic Surgeon in the same building as Spa 35. If your goals are best met through procedures than those offered in our Med Spa we can refer you to a surgeon. Looking for a facial or massage? We can also suggest great providers for those services.
- Customer Reviews - Spa 35 has the most Google five star reviews among Med Spas in Boise. We also have great reviews on Facebook and YELP.
Intense Pulsed Light Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe?
The device that delivers Intense Pulsed Light, the Harmony®XL System, has been cleared by the FDA for more than 60 aesthetic and medical applications. Intense Pulsed Light is one of those approved procedures. IPL provides comprehensive skin rejuvenation, improving skin color, wrinkles and skin texture. As with many cosmetic treatments there are risks associated with IPL, such as burning. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the IPL consultation and detailed in the informed consent.
Is there "down time" after an IPL procedure?
Most patients can return to their daily activities immediately after the procedure. You may be red and/or flaky (particularly age spots) after the IPL treatment. Makeup is normally sufficient to cover up most IPL effects. You should avoid excessive exercise and sun exposure after the treatment. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the IPL consultation and detailed in the informed consent.
How much does IPL costs?
IPL is usually sold in an and initial series of three treatments for $499-$999 depending upon the treatment area. Annual touch-ups are recommended and they can cost between $249 and $349.
0:00today is all about stopping those medical problems before they start
and our next yes is making she is a couple sun spots on her face she's
worried about a doctor or nurse going to remove them
along with physician assistant Tiffany and we're wearing these funky glasses
because this laser is are a realist and you
that's right you're testing me Travis the question is can I laser and talk at
the same time I think the
answer is yes so this isn't this is a
IP on pens' Paul slight therapy from our friends
and Alma lasers it's not a plane and lasers not like co2
or are being laser which we've done before on the show specifically for
brown spots home sunspots age spots
we connect these in the bud now light now I'm she's gonna need
a number of treatments probably anywhere from four to seven treatments space
over I every two weeks and the other thing is that some of these lesions
actually can be pre-cancerous lesions by treating them
now there is a chance you're reducing the risk
skin cancer later saw her how are you feeling mang
I'm feeling great so many spots have been getting
bigger over time have always had freckles
and a that's fine I like my freckles
but in the last five years a couple the freckles have gotten bigger and bigger
especially on the side of my cheek alright
only by you know it's so you just feel little pinch your don't you
doesn't hurt and I want you to see this now that you can see that
you get some discoloration in there you can see the
energy has been picked up another brown spots me that a little bit that's what
you expect to see now that means
the cheese absorb that energy you're actually blowing up
exploding those brown spots with
the intense pulsed light treatment moving she said it's so very key years
obvious sees me age we get age spots
especially we have more exposure sign but let's talk quickly about
when it can become a true problem we talked about so much on the show get to
know your balls certain
signs you need to look for with any any type
moles pigmented lesions on your face on your body you need to have those checked
once a year by
dermatologist keep an eye on your moles get to know your malls
and will actually have a link on our website the doctors TV dot com
all about the EB CDs %uh moles
I mean take your glass up on a show you some before and after or before after a
by someone to help you after his be answered before an hour
shots but some more patience than had the Harmony laser
treatment have gone through the whole series I mean this is significant
sun damage aging spot on the left you can see how well this works
with the number treatments sound good after for a
I'm excited and this is something that is available across the country
pretty much most rheumatologists lot a plastic surgeons I have this and and the
Beverly Hills officer
by also our bench Rancho Mirage office
simple if you're a job as I can be good for you too
will make thank you and good luck with the air K