There Are Four Ways To Tighten Skin At Spa 35
- Profound Non-Surgical Face Lift - energized micro-needles that penetrate the epidermis to heat the dermis. A one time treatment. Improves lower face laxity to 20-50% of a face lift. Downtime of 3-7 days.
- Near Infrared Skin Tightening - electromagnetic energy transmitted through the upper layers of the skin into the dermis. 4-8 treatments. No downtime.
- Women's Intimate Tightening - CO2 laser treatment of a women's interior. Improves laxity and incontinence. A series of three treatments. No down time.
- CO2RE CO2 laser treatment - A fractionated resurfacing laser treatment that tightens skin, removes discoloration, and improves scars. Single treatment. 2-7 days of downtime.
Our Latest Additions to Tighter Skin at Spa 35®
Incontinence, looseness and hyperpigmentation can all be addressed with the Intima® Vaginal Laser Rejuvenation.
CO2 Laser Resurfacing
Tightens skin, removes sun damage, improves scarring.
Near Infrared (NIR) Skin Tightening
Collagen loss from the effects of chronological aging, sun damage and oxidative stress (such as that experienced by smokers) can produce wrinkles and looseness in facial and body skin. Similar to how a helium balloon looks when left overnight the decreased volume resulting from collagen and fatty tissue loss causes the skin to wrinkle because we have the same amount of skin covering a smaller area. Loose skin can be treated with the Alma NIR ST (Skin Tightening) system, a non-invasive, minimal downtime procedure.
With Spa 35® NIR Skin Tightening your collagen layer is rebuilt and encouraged to grow by the delivery of infrared light energy into your skin. The procedure produces safe, effective deep dermal heating, inducing neocollagenesis (growth of new collagen) without damage to the epidermis. The near infrared device exerts its biological effect on the skin through two major mechanisms:
The procedure generally consists of a series of eight treatments scheduled one week apart, thought your treatment plan may vary based upon your goals and budget. Each treatment last approximately forty-five minutes. These “out of office” treatments allow you to return to your normal daily duties (excluding strenuous activities) and do not normally create any down time.
Treatment areas can include almost any part of the body. As an example a Spa 35® client treated her knees to tighten lax skin that discouraged her from wearing shorts in public.
Cellulite can also be treated with skin tightening. The production of collagen that results from skin tightening can reduce the appearance of Cellulite.
What to expect from an Laser Skin Tightening treatment:
- Depending on individual goals and the condition of your skin, a pre-treatment plan may be recommended to prepare your skin for an Laser Skin Tightening procedure
- Sun exposure to the treated area must be avoided prior Laser Skin Tightening procedure
- During the procedure a warm instrument is passed over the treatment area, heating the deep layers of the skin
- A Laser Skin Tightening procedure delivers pulses of infrared energy to the affected area, which heats the foundational layers of your skin, including collagen and elastin. The cells respond by creating additional collagen and elastin which increased the skin volume and tightens the skin
- Pre and post care instructions, will be reviewed prior to your treatment
- A series of treatments numbering from four to eight is typically necessary to achieve the optimum effect. During your consultation your Spa 35® Skin Specialist will provide a detailed recommendation with related product and services matched to your goals
- Treatments may be repeated every three weeks
- Minimal downtime
How does Laser Skin Tightening Work?
Laser Skin Tightening passes infrared energy into the skin, it is converted it to heat and absorbed your collagen . The energy source is designed to target its energy into the dermis to cause the foundational layers of your skin to rebuild.
Some of the steps of a typical procedure include;
- Completion of a consultation with a skin care specialist. During this consultation discuss your concerns and goals. Every person is unique an needs an individualized plan. Develop your comprehensive plan to reach those goals that includes Spa 35® procedures and at home lifestyle changes and skin care habits.
- Schedule the Laser Skin Tightening procedure. Pick a time when sun exposure to the treatment area has been minimized to decrease active melanin production at the time of the procedure.
- Have the procedure done. It will take forty-five minutes to an hour. The hand piece emits near infrared energy and can feel hot on the skin. It's not excruciating, but there are more enjoyable things to do with your day. Your skin should feel very warm during the procedure.
- Follow the post procedure instructions. Particularly important is avoidance of sun exposure.
- Improve lifestyle habits that produce damaged skin. Increase healthy food intake that is rich in nutrients good for you and your skin (i.e. oranges for vitamin C), use a sunscreen with physical blocks (i.e. titanium dioxide), add Retin-A, vitamin C and peptides to your skin care regime.
Laser Skin Tightening Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe?
The device that delivers Laser Skin Tightening, the Harmony®XL System, has been cleared by the FDA for more than 60 aesthetic and medical applications. Laser Skin Tightening is one of those approved procedures. As with many cosmetic treatments there are risks associated with Laser Skin Tightening, such as burning. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the Laser Skin Tightening consultation and detailed in the informed consent.
Is there "down time" after an Laser Skin Tightening procedure?
Most patients can return to their daily activities immediately after the procedure. You should avoid excessive exercise and sun exposure after the treatment. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the Laser Skin Tightening consultation and detailed in the informed consent.