A natural part of the aging process is for our skin to become less tightly bound to the underlying structures of the body resulting in sagging and jowling. These changes are caused by physiological changes in the dermis, including elastin fibers that have decreased abilities to tension the skin (think elastic), and lower volumes of collagen and hyaluronic acid (making the skin thinner). There are also changes as the fat layer below the skin decreases in volume, after which the same amount of skin covers less facial volume.
The great news is that we know the dermis responds to stress and controlled damage by rebuilding itself to a more youthful structure! In non-surgical cosmetic medical spas we use a variety of energy sources to deliver controlled energy into the skin in a manner that minimizes energy in the upper layers of the skin (epidermis), and maximizes energy absorption in the dermis, where the structures that hold skin tight are located. This stimulates new production of elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid - creating more youthful, tighter skin!
There Are Four Great Ways To Tighten Skin At Spa 35
The Profound Lift is a revolutionary new way to maximize the delivery of energy into the dermal layer of your skin, while protecting the epidermis. Radio-frequency energy is injected into the skin, penetrating (and protecting) the epidermis and stimulating the dermis to create elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid. A one time treatment. Improves lower face laxity to 20-40% of a traditional face lift.
CO2 laser resurfacing has been a core method to tighten facial skin for many years. Recent technology advances have allowed the delivery of the laser energy in tight grid patterns, with treated areas separated by untreated skin. This "factional" delivery method of laser energy allows those treated to recover quickly and with tolerable post treatment recoveries. The CO2 energy penetrates deeply into the dermis stimulating the production of new cells and structures that tighten the skin.
Tightening internal and external feminine structures is one of the fastest growing laser treatments in the world. With the use of a specialized laser hand piece energy can be used to increase the thickness of the vaginal mucosal tissue and surrounding connective tissues. This helps decrease incontinence and resolve painful intercourse.
Near Infrared Skin Tightening
The combination of a chilled plate for epidermal protection with near infrared energy delivers heat stimulation into the dermal layer of the skin. The result is increased production of dermal structures that hold the skin tight.
The remainder of this page is focused upon near infra-red skin tightening.
Near Infrared (NIR) Skin Tightening
Collagen loss from the effects of chronological aging, sun damage and oxidative stress (such as that experienced by smokers) can produce wrinkles and looseness in facial and body skin. Similar to how a helium balloon looks when left overnight the decreased volume resulting from collagen and fatty tissue loss causes the skin to wrinkle because we have the same amount of skin covering a smaller area. Loose skin can be treated with the Alma NIR ST (Skin Tightening) system, a non-invasive, minimal downtime procedure.
With Spa 35® NIR Skin Tightening your collagen layer is rebuilt and encouraged to grow by the delivery of infrared light energy into your skin. The procedure produces safe, effective deep dermal heating, inducing neocollagenesis (growth of new collagen) without damage to the epidermis. The near infrared device exerts its biological effect on the skin through two major mechanisms:
The procedure generally consists of a series of eight treatments scheduled one week apart, thought your treatment plan may vary based upon your goals and budget. Each treatment last approximately forty-five minutes. These “out of office” treatments allow you to return to your normal daily duties (excluding strenuous activities) and do not normally create any down time.
Treatment areas can include almost any part of the body. As an example a Spa 35® client treated her knees to tighten lax skin that discouraged her from wearing shorts in public.
Cellulite can also be treated with skin tightening. The production of collagen that results from skin tightening can reduce the appearance of Cellulite.
What to expect from an NIR Laser Skin Tightening treatment:
- Depending on individual goals and the condition of your skin, a pre-treatment plan may be recommended to prepare your skin for an Laser Skin Tightening procedure
- Sun exposure to the treated area must be avoided prior Laser Skin Tightening procedure
- During the procedure a warm instrument is passed over the treatment area, heating the deep layers of the skin
- A Laser Skin Tightening procedure delivers pulses of infrared energy to the affected area, which heats the foundational layers of your skin, including collagen and elastin. The cells respond by creating additional collagen and elastin which increased the skin volume and tightens the skin
- Pre and post care instructions, will be reviewed prior to your treatment
- A series of treatments numbering from four to eight is typically necessary to achieve the optimum effect. During your consultation your Spa 35® Skin Specialist will provide a detailed recommendation with related product and services matched to your goals
- Treatments may be repeated every three weeks
- Minimal downtime
Skin Ageing Video, learn how your skin changes with age and from sun damage.
Why Chose Spa 35 Med Spa for Your Cosmetic Treatments?
The medical providers at Spa 35 Med Spa have been delivering cosmetic services for twelve years. Our staff includes Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and Aestheticians.
- Experience - Spa 35 Med Spa has been helping clients Look and Feel their Best for twelve years.
- Medical Staff - The team is led by Nurse Practitioners and composed of Registered Nurses and aesthetic skin care professionals.
- Industry Leadership - Warren Danforth, the Spa 35 owner, is a Key Opinion Leader for Syneron-Candela's Medical Spa Program. Syneron-Candela is a global non-surgical aesthetic device company.
- Broad Scope of Expertise - From Botox to CoolSculpting Fat Reduction and Vaginal Rejuvenation, Spa 35® Med Spa has an extensive set of experience to help you reach your goals. This means you get the expertise to help you select the service(s) are right for you and your budget.
- Continuum of Cosmetic Services - A Cosmetic Surgeon in the same building as Spa 35. If your goals are best met through procedures than those offered in our Med Spa we can refer you to a surgeon. Looking for a facial or massage? We can also suggest great providers for those services.
- Customer Reviews - Spa 35 has the most Google five star reviews among Med Spas in Boise. We also have great reviews on Facebook and YELP.
How does Laser Skin Tightening Work?
Laser Skin Tightening passes infrared energy into the skin, it is converted it to heat and absorbed your collagen . The energy source is designed to target its energy into the dermis to cause the foundational layers of your skin to rebuild.
Some of the steps of a typical procedure include;
- Completion of a consultation with a skin care specialist. During this consultation discuss your concerns and goals. Every person is unique an needs an individualized plan. Develop your comprehensive plan to reach those goals that includes Spa 35® procedures and at home lifestyle changes and skin care habits.
- Schedule the Laser Skin Tightening procedure. Pick a time when sun exposure to the treatment area has been minimized to decrease active melanin production at the time of the procedure.
- Have the procedure done. It will take forty-five minutes to an hour. The hand piece emits near infrared energy and can feel hot on the skin. It's not excruciating, but there are more enjoyable things to do with your day. Your skin should feel very warm during the procedure.
- Follow the post procedure instructions. Particularly important is avoidance of sun exposure.
- Improve lifestyle habits that produce damaged skin. Increase healthy food intake that is rich in nutrients good for you and your skin (i.e. oranges for vitamin C), use a sunscreen with physical blocks (i.e. titanium dioxide), add Retin-A, vitamin C and peptides to your skin care regime.
Laser Skin Tightening Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe?
The device that delivers Laser Skin Tightening, the Harmony®XL System, has been cleared by the FDA for more than 60 aesthetic and medical applications. Laser Skin Tightening is one of those approved procedures. As with many cosmetic treatments there are risks associated with Laser Skin Tightening, such as burning. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the Laser Skin Tightening consultation and detailed in the informed consent.
Is there "down time" after an Laser Skin Tightening procedure?
Most patients can return to their daily activities immediately after the procedure. You should avoid excessive exercise and sun exposure after the treatment. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the Laser Skin Tightening consultation and detailed in the informed consent.
How much does Skin Tightening costs?
Pricing depends upon the type of Skin Tightening treatment and the treatment area. You can expect to pay between $999 - $3,499.
The information on this site is for the distribution of common information on the uses of cosmetic and aesthetic procedures and products. It is not to be considered medical advice. Spa 35 provides patients with consultations and informed consent documentation that outlines potential risks and medical contraindications associated with procedures and products delivered and sold at Spa 35. Please thoroughly review that documentation prior to any procedure and acknowledge your review and understanding of the risks.
*Results vary by person. Photographs are used for illustrative purposes and not as representations of your individual results. Client reviews may not be representative of your results.
**This website contains links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Spa 35 Med Spa. Spa 35 Med Spa has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Spa 35 Med Spa does not censor or edit the content of any third-party site. Spa 35 Med Spa does not represent results of cosmetic procedure depicted in third party websites as representative of results achieved at Spa 35 Med Spa. By using the Spa 35 Med Spa website, you expressly relieve Spa 35 Med Spa from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
*** Financing plans are provided by third party vendor, GreenSky Finance. Advertised monthly payments represent a $3,500 purchase financed for 24 months with GreenSky. Client relationship for financing is strictly between GreenSky and client. Spa 35 does not manage or influence GreenSky policies and practices.