PRP - Platelet Rich Plasma and Micro-needling
What is PRP?
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is fluid derived from you own blood. The blood is processed in a manner that concentrates the growth factors and cytokines. These blood components triggers responses in your skin and body to grow fresh younger cells. PRP is a perfect treatment for fine lines, wrinkles, and scars. PRP is delivered into your skin via a micro-needling device. The combination of micro-needling and PRP rejuvenates skin to a younger look and glow.
What Parts of the Face and Body can be treated with PRP?
PRP is great for portions of the face that are the first to show the signs of aging, including;
- Crow's feet on the periphery of the eyes
- Nasolabial folds - the area between the nose and mouth
- Lip lines, smokers lines - the vertical lines that radiate outward from the mouth and caused by long term contraction of the lips
- Scars - acne and surgical scars can be reduced with micro-needling and PRP
How is the PRP and micro-needling procedure performed?
You'll start with a consultation and medical history review to ensure you will benefit from PRP and micro-needling and that is an appropriate treatment for you.
The first step involves the drawing of blood as the raw material for your PRP serum.
Numbing cream is typically applied after your blood draw so it can take effect while your PRP is prepared.
Your blood is placed in a centrifuge and spun until the desired concentration of PRP is created.
The targeted area is then treated with a micro-needling medical device. During the treatment your PRP is applied to the skin for rapid absorption by the microscopic skin openings. Total appointment time is approximately one hour.
How Many Times Should I Do a PRP and Micro-needling procedure?
For most people we recommend three treatments spaced three to six week apart. After the initial series of treatments annual touch-ups of single treatments are usually recommended. For scars or other aggressive treatment you'll usually want a larger number of treatments. Depending upon your cosmetic goals, other light and micro-needling based procedures may be recommended in conjunction with your PRP and micro-needling.
Is there downtime after my PRP and Micro-needling procedure?
The skin can be red and irritated after your procedure and it usually subsides after 24-72 hours. Many people take the rest of the day off of work and return to work the next day with the appropriate make up to cover the redness of the treated area. There is always a chance of bruising, but most people do not bruise.
Why Chose Spa 35 Med Spa for Your Cosmetic Treatments?
The medical providers at Spa 35 Med Spa have been delivering cosmetic services for twelve years. Our staff includes Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and Aestheticians.
- Experience - Spa 35 Med Spa has been helping clients Look and Feel their Best for twelve years.
- Medical Staff - The team is led by Nurse Practitioners and composed of Registered Nurses and aesthetic skin care professionals.
- Industry Leadership - Warren Danforth, the Spa 35 owner, is a Key Opinion for Syneron-Candela's Medical Spa Program. Syneron-Candela is a global non-surgical aesthetic device company.
- Broad Scope of Expertise - From Botox to CoolSculpting Fat Reduction and Vaginal Rejuvenation, Spa 35® Med Spa has an extensive set of experience to help you reach your goals. This means you get the expertise to help you select the service(s) are right for you and your budget.
- Continuum of Cosmetic Services - A Cosmetic Surgeon in the same building as Spa 35. If your goals are best met through procedures than those offered in our Med Spa we can refer you to a surgeon. Looking for a facial or massage? We can also suggest great providers for those services.
- Customer Reviews - Spa 35 has the most Google five star reviews among Med Spas in Boise. We also have great reviews on Facebook and YELP.
Skin Care Immediately After Your Treatment
Your skin will be tender and sensitive after your micro-needling and PRP treatment. So use very gentle cleansers and be sure to protect your skin from the sun. Avoid prolonged sun exposure (no sun bathing) for a few days after the treatment (though this is a good life long habit to protect your skin). The moisture barrier of your skin maybe impaired immediately after the treatment, so the use of aquaphor or similar emolient that keeps moisture in your skin can speed the healing process and make you more comfortable.
How Much Does PRP and Mirco-Needling cost?
The cost can vary, but in general you should plan on between $400 and $700 for each treatment. Check our monthly specials page for the latest pricing.
Can PRP Be Utilized Without Micro-needling?
PRP can also be injected into the dermal layer to stimulate growth of skin components. It is usually injected into areas typically treated with hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers (e.g. Juvederm). These include the nasolabial fold and the area under the eye. PRP can be injected by itself, and is sometimes mixed with a dermal filler to provide both short term plumpness to the skin and long term regeneration of tissue in the treated area.
Contact us today to find out if the PRP procedure is right for you.