What is Photodynamic Therapy?
Photodynamic Therapy uses a specifically compounded chemical (aminolevulenic acid) that is applied onto the skin, this chemical is attracted into highly active/damaged cells at a higher rate than healthy cells. Light is applied to the skin, activating the chemical which destroys the targeted cells.
** RESULTS VARY. THIS IS AN INFORMATIVE VIDEO SERIES ON THE TREATMENT OF ACTINIC KERATOSES USING THE LEVULAN PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY (PDT). THESE VIDEOS HAVE BEEN MADE TO GIVE YOU A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THIS UNIQUE SYSTEM FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH ACTINIC KERATOSES OR AK’S PROMPTLY AND EFFECTIVELY.
** RESULTS VARY. DAY 4 OF POST LEVULAN PDT TREATMENT. THIS IS AN INFORMATIVE VIDEO SERIES ON THE TREATMENT OF ACTINIC KERATOSES USING THE LEVULAN PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY (PDT). THESE VIDEOS HAVE BEEN MADE TO GIVE YOU A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THIS UNIQUE SYSTEM FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH ACTINIC KERATOSES OR AK’S PROMPTLY AND EFFECTIVELY.
Photodynamic Therapy helps to improve various skin concerns associated with prolonged sun exposure and acne. Including Age Spots (Actinic Keratosis), Redness, and Enlarged and Overactive Pores. Age & liver spots, UV damage, irregular pigmentation, and persistent acne can be improved with photodynamic therapy. This is the latest development in skin rejuvenation to improve the appearance of skin.
What is Photodynamic Therapy helpful in treating?
Acne and excessive oil production
Overall skin rejuvenation
** RESULTS VARY. VIDEO BY 28 YEAR OLD TREATED WITH LEVULAN PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPHY FOR HER ACNE. THIS IS DAY 7 OF HER POST TREATMENT EXPERIENCE.
We Love Our Clients!
What might I expect from a session of Photodynamic Therapy?
- A consultation with a Skin Specialist to determine if photodynamic therapy is right for you
- Depending on individual goals and the condition of your skin, a pre-treatment plan may be needed to prepare the skin
- A chemical solution (aminolevulenic acid, a.k.a. Levulan) is applied to the skin and allowed to incubate (soak into the skin) before a light energy procedure activates the chemical
- After your treatment you must stay away from light sources for seventy-two hours. Your skin may be very red and irritated for up to seven days after the treatment. Your skin may look like you have a very bad sunburn and be very flaky and peel
- Results may be seen after the first application, but typically a series of 2-3 treatments procedures is necessary to achieve an optimal result
- Skin rejuvenation results are lasting, but are affected by future UV damage
- Meticulous pre and post-care instructions will be reviewed and must be followed
- Treatments may be repeated
- Downtime of at least three days and as long as seven days
*Results vary. The outstanding experiences referenced by Spa 35 customers in their five star reviews of Spa 35 are the opinion of the customer and may not be representative of the results or experience you will receive at Spa 35 Med Spa.