Photodynamic Therapy helps to improve various skin concerns associated with prolonged sun exposure and acne. Including: Age Spots (Actinic Keratosis), Redness, and Enlarged and Overactive Pores.
Age & liver spots, UV damage, irregular pigmentation and persistent acne can be improved with photodynamic therapy. This is the latest development in skin rejuvenation to improve the appearance of skin.
Photodynamic Therapy is helpful for:
Acne and excessive oil production
Overall skin rejuvenation
Photodynamic Therapy uses a specifically compounded chemical (aminolevulenic acid) that is applied onto the skin, this chemical is attracted into highly active/damaged cells at a higher rate than healthy cells. Light is applied to the skin, activating the chemical which destroys the targeted cells.
Here is a series of post treatments video testimonials posted by a man who had Levulan Photodynamic Theraphy for Sun Damage, including Actinic Keratosis.
What might I expect from a session of Photodynamic Therapy?
- A consultation with a Skin Specialist to determine if photodynamic therapy is right for you
- Depending on individual goals and the condition of your skin, a pre-treatment plan may be needed to prepare the skin
- A chemical solution (aminolevulenic acid, a.k.a. Levulan) is applied to the skin and allowed to incubate (soak into the skin) before a light energy procedure activates the chemical
- After your treatment you must stay away from light sources for seventy-two hours. Your skin may be very red and irritated for up to seven days after the treatment. Your skin may look like you have a very bad sunburn and be very flaky and peel
- Results may be seen after the first application, but typically a series of 2-3 treatments procedures is necessary to achieve an optimal result
- Skin rejuvenation results are lasting, but are affected by future UV damage
- Meticulous pre and post-care instructions will be reviewed and must be followed
- Treatments may be repeated
- Downtime of at least three days and as long as seven days
Why Chose Spa 35 Med Spa for Your Cosmetic Treatments?
The medical providers at Spa 35 Med Spa have been delivering cosmetic services for twelve years. Our staff includes Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and Aestheticians.
- Experience - Spa 35 Med Spa has been helping clients Look and Feel their Best for twelve years.
- Medical Staff - The team is led by Nurse Practitioners and composed of Registered Nurses and aesthetic skin care professionals.
- Industry Leadership - Warren Danforth, the Spa 35 owner, is a Key Opinion Leader for Syneron-Candela's Medical Spa Program. Syneron-Candela is a global non-surgical aesthetic device company.
- Broad Scope of Expertise - From Botox to CoolSculpting Fat Reduction and Vaginal Rejuvenation, Spa 35® Med Spa has an extensive set of experience to help you reach your goals. This means you get the expertise to help you select the service(s) are right for you and your budget.
- Continuum of Cosmetic Services - A Cosmetic Surgeon in the same building as Spa 35. If your goals are best met through procedures than those offered in our Med Spa we can refer you to a surgeon. Looking for a facial or massage? We can also suggest great providers for those services.
- Customer Reviews - Spa 35 has the most Google five star reviews among Med Spas in Boise. We also have great reviews on Facebook and YELP.