Intense Pulsed Light Skin Rejuvenation uses a concentrated light source to target power deep down into the dermis without injuring the surface of the skin, to improve a range of cosmetic concerns including: discolorations, unsightly veins, and redness. IPL® Skin Rejuvenation has the added benefit of providing an overall “rejuvenated” effect to the skin. Because the surface layers of the skin remain intact there is minimal downtime, less risk and discomfort than more powerful treatments such as the Pixel fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure. Intense Pulsed Light Skin Rejuvenation is used to successfully treat a wide array of cosmetic concerns. Individuals with deeper fine lines & wrinkles, crepey skin, discoloration and uneven texture or tone should consider a skin resurfacing procedure or a combination treatment such as Laser360 that can combine skin tightening, intense pulsed light and laser resurfacing into a single procedure.
Intense Pulsed Light devices pass varying strengths of light into the skin and damaged skin cells absorb the light energy and convert it to heat. The light source is concentrated to target its energy into the dermis to treat discolorations, unsightly facial veins, redness and provide an overall rejuvenated effect to your skin. These types of devices repair and improve a wide array of cosmetic concerns with meaningful results over a short time period.
IPL is a high energy light procedure that uses the different light absorption properties of various skin cells to remove cells produced from aging and sun damage. Some of the steps of a typical procedure include;
What is Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) helpful in treating?
Unwanted facial veins
Ultra Violet (UV) damage
Overall skin rejuvenation
We Love Our Clients!
Things to Consider With Cosmetic Fillers.
- Depending on individual goals and the condition of your skin, a pre-treatment plan may be recommended to prepare your skin for an IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure
- Sun exposure to the treated area must be avoided for three weeks prior IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure
- An IPL Skin Rejuvenation procedure delivers pulses of light to the affected area, which targets the darker damaged skin cells. The damaged cells are destroyed and a clearer, more radiant complexion emerges
- Completion of a consultation with a skin care specialist. During this consultation discuss patient concerns and goals. Develop a comprehensive plan to reach those goals that includes Spa 35 procedures and at home lifestyle changes and skin care habits.
- Schedule the Intense Pulsed Light procedure. Pick a time when sun exposure to the treatment area has been minimized to decrease active melanin production at the time of the procedure.
- Have the procedure done. It will take about forty-five minutes. The pulses have been described as “hot rubber bands being snapped on the face”. It’s not excruciating, but there are more enjoyable things to do with your day. Your skin may turn very red and flaky after the procedure, you may have crusting of the darker spots.
- Follow the post procedure instructions. Particularly important is avoidance of sun exposure.
- Improve lifestyle habits that produce damaged skin. Increase healthy food intake that is rich in nutrients good for you and your skin (i.e. oranges for vitamin C), use a sunscreen with physical blocks (i.e. titanium dioxide), add Retin-A, vitamin C and peptides to your skin care regime.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Frequently Asked Questions
ANSWER: The device that delivers Intense Pulsed Light, the Harmony®XL System, has been cleared by the FDA for more than 60 aesthetic and medical applications. Intense Pulsed Light is one of those approved procedures. IPL provides comprehensive skin rejuvenation, improving skin color, wrinkles and skin texture. As with many cosmetic treatments there are risks associated with IPL, such as burning. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the IPL consultation and detailed in the informed consent.
ANSWER: Most patients can return to their daily activities immediately after the procedure. You may be red and/or flaky (particularly age spots) after the IPL treatment. Makeup is normally sufficient to cover up most IPL effects. You should avoid excessive exercise and sun exposure after the treatment. Details on risks and contraindications are provided as part of the IPL consultation and detailed in the informed consent.
ANSWER: IPL is usually sold in an and initial series of three treatments for $499-$999 depending upon the treatment area. Annual touch-ups are recommended and they can cost between $249 and $349.
*Results vary. The outstanding experiences referenced by Spa 35 customers in their five star reviews of Spa 35 are the opinion of the customer and may not be representative of the results or experience you will receive at Spa 35 Med Spa.